Follow us on our social media to stay updated!
A new Overwatch PTR patch is out, and it features a lot of nerfs and buffs to heroes.
Heroes that received changes:
Tanks: D.va, Roadhog, Winston, Orisa, and Sigma
Support: Mercy, Moira, Lucio, and Baptiste.
Damage Dealers: Tracer, Doomfist, Symmetra, and Sombra.
The September 24 Overwatch PTR Patch Notes:
- Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second
- Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds
- Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds
- Ammunition increased from 5 to 6.
- No longer blocks Chain Hook and Whip Shot
- High gravity effect duration reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds
- Regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second
- Now has a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier
- Initial 0.2 second cast time removed
- Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds
- Health increased from 600 to 700
- Health decreased from 250 to 200
- Speed boost’s effect increased from 20% to 25%
Amp It Up
- Speed boost’s amplification increased from 50% to 60%
- Speed buff reduced from 40% to 30%
- The extra beams created by Valkyrie now ignore enemy barriers
- Self-healing reduced from 30 to 20 health per second
- Time to reach max charge increased from 1 to 1.4 seconds
The Best Defense…
- Shield health gained per hit reduced from 35 to 30
- Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds
- Cooldown now begins immediately upon deploying the beacon or if it is killed by an enemy
- Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
- Health reduced from 5000 to 4000
- Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40
- Players impacted by the primary fire beam should now hear a louder impact sound
- Damage falloff now starts at 13 meters, up from 10 meters
It seems Developers are tackling the current dominant Meta (Shield Meta) that has been a must for high ranked players.
Players have been complaining about the shield Meta, with players finding themselves shooting the double shield Orisa and Sigma provide most of the game.
The nerfs to both Sigma and Orisa while buffing Roadhog allowing him to hook through Kinetic Grasp might bring the off-tank hero back into Meta.
Winston and Dva’s buffs might also revive dive composition, especially with the buffs to Mercy and Tracer.
- Fixed a player profile issue preventing hero win percentages from being displayed for competitive arcade mode seasons
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Rally checking line of sight from her feet instead of from her head
- Fixed a bug with Inspire’s position being affected by the player’s aim pitch
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to use Meteor Strike before taking impact damage from Sigma’s Gravitic Flux
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma’s Gravitic Flux to ignore line of sight through some ceilings
- Fixed a bug with EMP’s position being affected by player’s aim pitch
- Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s Barrier Projector to not consistently play its destroyed visual effects