Follow us on our social media to stay updated!
Overwatch patch 1.44 was just released on the Public Test Region (PTR), the new patch holds changes to multiple heroes in an attempt to shift the current meta.
Shield meta has been dominating the game since the release of Sigma, and even after the massive nerf shields received, Orisa and Sigma continued to dominate the tank role, accompanied by Baptiste and Mei, both nerfed in this patch.
CUSTOM GAME OPTIONS
The Lobby section of Custom Game Settings has a new option “Data Center Preference”. This option provides the game creator with more control over where the game will be hosted. The default “Best Available” choice automatically provides the creator with the best quality connection available to them. We only suggest choosing a specific datacenter if no single datacenter can simultaneously provide the best connection to all players. This is usually only the case when the players participating in the custom game are located in different geographic regions of the world.
· Maximum duration reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
· Cooldown increased from 20 to 25 seconds
· Amplification Matrix ultimate cost increased by 20%
Endothermic Blaster (Primary Fire)
· Slowing effect now reduces enemy movement speed from 20-70%, down from 30-90%
· Slowing effect duration reduced from 1.5 to 1.0 second
· Cooldown decreased from 5 to 3 seconds
· Damage reduction reduced from 50% to 40%
Storm Arrow (Primary Fire)
· Maximum projectile speed reduced from 125 to 110
The way Hanzo arrows work is there is a base speed of 25 and it adds another bonus speed determined by how long the shot was charged up. Last patch this was 25+100 x Charge for a total maximum speed of 125. The PTR value is now 25+85 x Charge so the max speed is now 110, the same value as it was before the Hanzo rework.
· Uppercut recovery time increased from 0.2 to 0.5 seconds