Follow us on our social media to stay updated!
A new Overwatch patch has gone live holding nerfs and buffs for a couple of heroes.
Brigitte was hit the hardest with nerfs this patch, her health lowered from 200 to 150, and her Inspire healing was nerfed, making it harder for Brigitte to keep her teammates up.
As for Orisa, her armor was nerfed, dropping from 250 armor to 200. In addition, her Halt ability is having its radius reduced, which will make it harder to use it effectively for environmental kills.
Sigma’s health is also being nerfed from dropping it from 900 to 700, it will also take longer to regenerate.
The heroes that received buffs are Roadhog, Pharah, Symmetra, and Zenyatta.
- Base health lowered from 200 to 150
- Total healing decreased from 130 to 90 (Healing reduced from 21 to 15 health per second)
- Self-healing is no longer reduced by half
- After gaining multiple Repair Pack charges, Brigitte was enabled to play at safer distances while still having a powerful impact on her team. Combined with her personal barrier, she ended up not needing as much survivability in terms of raw health.
- Inspire has also had a powerful team impact despite being hard to feel due to its passive nature, so we are lowering its team-wide healing output while making it more useful for Brigitte herself.
- Base armor reduced from 250 to 200
- Radius reduced from 7 to 4 meters
- Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30
Developer Comments: The large radius of Orisa’s Halt! ability made it too effective in setting up combos against large groups of enemies on a relatively short cooldown. The changes to the projectile speed and radius are aimed at shifting its use to be more effective at catching single targets.
- Movement speed increased 20%
- Regeneration rate reduced from 50 to 35 per second
- Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds
- We’re making some adjustments to Hover Jets that should increase her flight speed and make her more agile. To compensate for this change, we’re also lowering her hover uptime.
- Rocket Barrage has such immense damage output that the tail end of the duration was often more of a liability than a benefit, especially with fewer barriers around to blast through.
- (General) Ammo reduced from 6 to 5
- (General) Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 7
- (General) Recovery increased from 0.7 to 0.85 seconds
Developer Comments: These weapon changes are intended to make Roadhog’s Chain Hook combo more consistent and bring back some of the heavyweight feeling it had in the past.
- Health reduced from 900 to 700
- Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second
- Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds
Developer Comments: Given Sigma’s offensive strength with Hyperspheres and Accretion, we have reduced some of his defensive tools to bring him more in line with other Tank heroes.
- Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
Developer Comments: We’re reducing the cooldown of the Teleporter to help lower the friction between needing to use it as both a personal and team-focused mobility tool.
Orb of Destruction
- (Secondary Fire) Charge rate increased 15% (0.6 down to 0.52 seconds per orb)
- (Secondary Fire) Rate of fire increased from 8.5 to 9 shots per second
Developer Comments: Zenyatta has low healing and mobility outside of his ultimate but makes up for it with high potential damage output. With the recently lowered barrier uptime resulting in an overall faster pace of the game, we want to make sure Zenyatta still excels at his strengths. This change will make his charged attack flow a bit better in combat.