Follow us on our social media to stay updated!
The new patch update was released on PTR on August 22nd and a lot of changes were added, here are the hero’s affected by the new patch.
- Self-repair no longer consumes resource while Bastion is at full health.
- Bastion now correctly initiates .25 sec of recovery time when canceling Self-repair with weapon fire.
- Beam width lowered from 0.3 meters to 0.15
- Beam DPS per level lowered from 65/130/195 to 60/120/180
- Beam width no longer scales with energy (from 0.1 to 0.2) and is now always 0.15.
- Max Beam DPS lowered from 190 to 170
- Explosion damaged reduced from 35 to 30
- Added a toggle option for deploying Sigma’s Experimental Barrier
- Explosion damage increased from 50 to 60
- Intro cast time increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6
Sigma the newest Overwatch hero was bound to have some tweaks done to his kit especially after a lot of players complained that he was too strong.
A lot in the Overwatch community on the other hand weren’t too happy with the changes to Symmetra that obviously makes her a weaker pick, asking for the changes not to be implemented on the live servers.
Symmetra has always been a niche pick, even after the rework it was simply not enough to make her viable pick, especially with goats composition being dominant, but with the new 2-2-2 role lock and the double shield meta after the addition of Sigma, Symmetra started seeing more playtime, her primary weapon being a great at melting shields and easy for her to charge her weapon off of them made her the perfect pick against a double shield composition. Sadly, it didn’t take long before the developers made some tweaks (Nerf) to weaken her impact in-game.
Symmetra’s beam width was lowered from 0.3 to 0.15 and her damage was decreased from 60/130/195 to 60/120/180, it seems the developers are trying to weaken her shield breaking capabilities.
Some of the comments from the Overwatch community on the forums:
“Welp you actually done it blizzard. I guess symmetra players can’t have nice things. The only reason she’s played is because idiots run double shields but if guess we should whine and complain instead of switching up the comp”
“99% of new posts have all been people saying the Symmetra nerfs were trash and need to go at this rate the nerf will surely need to be reconsidered and God willing, reverted“
Blizzard has in the past reverted some changes they’ve done on the PTR, the newest one being Moira’s fade ability, we’ll see if the developers do change their decision and not go through with the changes to the live servers or at least tweak them a little.