Follow us on our social media to stay updated!
A new Overwatch developer update came out, this time Jeff Kaplan explains the new hero Sigma.
Sigma is a Dutch scientist, interested in astrophysics, attempting to harness the black hole his experiment doesn’t go as planned causing him severe psychological damage.
Kaplan continued talking about Sigma’s backstory and his correlation to Talon.
As for Sigma’s gameplay, he is a main “barrier” tank hero.
Three-star difficulty hero.
Sigma is an eccentric astrophysicist and volatile tank who gained the power to control gravity in an orbital experiment gone wrong. Manipulated by Talon and deployed as a living weapon, Sigma’s presence on the battlefield cannot be ignored.
His abilities are:
• Hyper Spheres: Sigma launches two gravitic charges, which implode after a short duration, dealing significant damage in an area.
• Experimental Barrier: Sigma propels a floating barrier to a location of his choosing. He can recall the barrier at any time.
• Kinetic Grasp: Sigma stops incoming projectiles in midair, converting them into shields.
• Accretion: Sigma gathers a mass of debris and flings it at an enemy to knock them down.
• Gravitic Flux (Ultimate): Sigma manipulates gravity to lift nearby enemies into the air and slam them back down
Overwatch hasn’t had a new main tank hero for a long time, it’s exciting seeing a new main tank and what his impact will be on the meta especially after the new 2-2-2 role queue system.