Follow us on our social media to stay updated!
The new developer update is finally out, but this time it’s shorter than usual. Jeff Kaplan, Overwatch Game Director, talked about the quick update, although the video was lacking much of the content the community was looking forward to, Jeff assured everyone that more amazing content will be coming soon.
Jeff talked about a couple of things in this update:
- Things will be done differently this summer, the event will come back but at a sooner date than it usually does.
- Weekly mini-challenges during each of the three weeks where players can unlock Epic skins.
- Skin distribution will be changed.
- Hero number 31 is being worked on, Jeff emphasized on the word “He” when referring to Hero 31, so it’s safe to conclude that Hero 31 is a male, and will be released a little bit later.
- Recap on subtitles.
- Jeff talked about the improvement in the anti-cheating system, the game will be canceled and no one will be penalized if a cheater is present in a game.
Although this update isn’t satisfying especially that the community has been asking for much more content, Jeff’s promise for more content coming soon hopefully will keep the community’s hopes up until then.